New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever fished Hooks Creek Lake @ Cheesequake Park - Middlesex County?

I was wondering if it has easy access and if it usually gets "weeded over" during the Summer months.[confused]

I'm trying out some "new" lakes in the Monmouth and Ocean County areas, as I really haven't been lake fishing in quite some time.

Have my 4 year old fishing buddy that I'm taking out again this weekend and want to make this trip as enjoyable as his last one with me on Father's Day weekend.(I spoiled him and took him to an old favorite fishing spot that I'd fished 20 years ago when it was still "private" land before the state bought it - He caught a mixed bag of close to 100 bluegills, pumpkinseeds, and crappies all by himself - and I had a blast just helping baiting and removin' the hooks and taking pics of some of the finest panfish catch n release fishin' I've seen in a long time.) [cool][up]

Any info. anyone has about Hooks Creek Lake @ Cheesequake Park would be appreciated.

JT

·
Registered
623 Posts
JT, go to the rest stop right off the Parkway and throw soem goldfish in the toilet. Im sure the little guy will have a blast there.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bambis Only -

Talking from experience, Lil'Buddy?!?!?!?!!?

Now I finally know why you crowd me so much EVERY time we go fishing!!!!!

Let it go man - The South Branch is a BIG RIVER, not the GSP toilet bowl that you learned to fish in with Papa!!!! YOU CAN MOVE OVER A FEW HUNDRED YARDS AND STOP CROWDING ME !!!!:D

Oh yeah, the lil' guy's bluegills were bigger than the trout that you were catching all Spring, he casts like a pro (and ten times better than you), he doesn't ever crowd me, and he always has his own container of worms & never has to beg me in the middle of the river for more bait like uhmmmmmm, YOU, for instance!!! :D

Someday when you turn 4, I'll have him teach you a thing or two about fishing...By then, I'll be too old to have the patience to "learn you"!!!!:D:p[smirk][cool]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts