New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about building a tripod deer hanger, either from 4x4's or metal poles, for skinning and cutting deer in my backyard since space is at such a premium in my garage. I was just wondering if any of you have or have built something similar. I would love to see some pics and hear some ideas if you're willing to share 'em.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I built one out of 1" Blk pipe but , to be honest after it was built ,with all the effort probably could have just bought one .

I'll take a pic later and post it for Ya ....

Reactions: TRHunter

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
just saw that in sportmans guide. under 100 If I remember. supposed to be 8' tall

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have the one from sportsman guide. Been using it three years now. A pain to set up and put away but once its set up it works very well. Fits in my garage and we put a tarp under. Do all the skinning and then quartering

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you have room why not make a permanent one? (3) 4x4 posts. Two vertical and one horizontal.
You can make it as wide as you want to accommodate as many deer as you wish.
Put pulleys on and as many gambles with some boat winches.

Even seen them with a concrete floor and a eye hook to put a winch through to make skinning go easier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may do that for my property in PA, but at home I don't really have the " permanent space", so I would definitely prefer something I can break down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I apologize for bumping this topic...

I use the old tripod stand (about 18 feet) and picked up my 30 gallon feeder with a good winch and automotive pulley (several tons). It worked fine, but it looks like a lot of work, not much different from a $ 100 tripod feeder and not much cheaper by the time you buy a pulley, cable, winch and equipment. Do not think that ***** can't get to it.

I’m thinking of a simple load, why not just buy a feeder of 100 gallons per gallon at a cost of $ 100, remove one piece of legs (still out of hogs reach), and just put a cage with a pocket to keep the deer out?

Remington just put a $ 110 hoists and feedes on the market http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-deer-hoist/ which is basically the same principle. It stands 6 'tall, easy opening lid, protective grille on the spinner. The spinner is located about 2 feet off the ground. I think this is the way to go.
There are a lot of cool videos on YouTube, here’s one of them.Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts