New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going out to hit a brook in sussex tomorrow. the rain will make it perfect. usually it gets low but after a good rain it makes it perfect. loaded with trout as well.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I am going to try and hit the Trout Fishing contest in Newton with my stepson. I hope the rain holds out for the kids.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where in newton? i think stephens state does there's tomorrow.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
outlawjt was going to go with me but he backed out a couple of minutes ago.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I think it is in the little pond off rt 94 before the Hospital. Stephans state park one is good lots of lunkers. Only problem is they put them in the morning of the contest and they don't bite very well a couple here and there. Go there in the evening or on Sunday and you will kill them.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
If I did not have plans I would have called up IMB21 and we would have met up with you. Maybe sunday morning at Stephens state park if I can get some time Sunday let me know.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't know about that. i see them biting pretty good when they stock them. but if we get the rain like they say..the musky will be flooded and muddy.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
This is true. I am going by the last time I went to that contest there. They put them in while I was standing in the river waiting. I saw like 5 caught and that was it. But in the evening they were bringing them up pretty good I went back on Sunday and made a killing. The bite was good the next day.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sunday is a no go for me....mothers day. the wife would be PISSED!!!!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Oh yea I forgot about that. Maybe another day.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wish i knew imb number. i always see him asking about going fishing.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
He is on now post a response from him. I am sure he will go. He is a good guy I been out fishing with him a couple times.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I just called him and left a message I will let him know you are looking to see if he wants to go. Hey do you like cat fishing? I know a spot with alot of 5-10 pounders and the bite is good.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not really. i never fished for them. i'm not much of a bait fisherman.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Okay if you ever want to go let me know. The fight is good need a good pole they have been known to break them.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
He lives in Cedar Grove. I fish for them in Denville.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah i'm on my own with outlawjt not going now so it would be cool to meet up with him if he wants to go.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts