New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that all of a sudden, all hell is breaking loose and every other story on the news is about people getting shot/gun crimes? There's even a special coming up this weekend called "If I only had a gun".... JUST as Pelosi is commenting about rehashing the AWB?

Or are people just going apesh!t?

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
I saw CNN tonight around 7.

The average opinion in the US has consistently trended DOWN on gun control for the past 8 or so years.[up]

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I agree it seems the recent rash of shootings are not so recent but more publicized then they were with the previous administration. There has always been gun violence in this country but it DOES seem the media is twisting it into gun owners gone bad instead of what it actually IS which is criminals with guns committing crimes. Believe me if all the gun owners in this country were stripped of their guns there would little or no change in the number of crimes committed with a fire arm. Just the media pushing the agenda business as usual.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Perhaps because since Obama, gun purchases has been on the steady incline
1.2 million more FBI checks in the last four months than there were in the same four month period last year. Even the non-gunners out there are afraid of a ban and want to get them while they can.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I don't believe that there is anymore attention than at any other time in regards to the crimes. But it sure doesn't help the cause.
Especially since there have been multiple deaths in each incident and the loss of 7 police officers in 2.5 weeks.
All this adds up to "not good" for lawful gun owners when it comes to the other side pushing new laws.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Believe me if all the gun owners in this country were stripped of their guns there would little or no change in the number of crimes committed with a fire arm.
bu la ia- With all due respect I completely disagree with that statement. If all LEGAL gun owners no longer had guns there would be a HUGE change, for the worse. If every criminal knew that homeowners and average citizens had no protection or way to defend themselves crime on the whole would skyrocket, as most scumbag criminals would be much more empowered. There would be many more robberies, shootings, rapes, etc. in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
nope not at all. just one more point that GUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK.

i think i'll buy a few more dozen arrows and broadheads. no one has to register or make a phone call for those.

·
Registered
352 Posts
no one has to register or make a phone call for those.
Not yet, but if you look at where gun bans have been enacted, crime then moves to knives and sharp objects.

In Scotland, if you have a knife in your car and no particular reason to have it, off to the jail you go.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I don't believe that there is anymore attention than at any other time in regards to the crimes. But it sure doesn't help the cause.
Especially since there have been multiple deaths in each incident and the loss of 7 police officers in 2.5 weeks.
All this adds up to "not good" for lawful gun owners when it comes to the other side pushing new laws.
TJC, So you are saying we do not have a biased left leaning media in this country?
You also agree that the media treats gun owners and the 2nd amendment with FAIRNESS AND TRUTH?
Wow and they tell me they don't make good LSD anymore looks to me like you have a good connection for it sorry to be the one to clue you in but the last 40 years has NOT been intermission @ woodstock!!!
Whats next are you going to say that the 2A is the only part of the Bill of Rights that is NOT an individual right and that it really just protects the STATE from the Government?[rofl]or [cry]

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Wow and they tell me they don't make good LSD anymore
Damn, just when I was thinking about taking a TRIP!!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
TJC, So you are saying we do not have a biased left leaning media in this country?
You also agree that the media treats gun owners and the 2nd amendment with FAIRNESS AND TRUTH?
Wow and they tell me they don't make good LSD anymore looks to me like you have a good connection for it sorry to be the one to clue you in but the last 40 years has NOT been intermission @ woodstock!!!
Whats next are you going to say that the 2A is the only part of the Bill of Rights that is NOT an individual right and that it really just protects the STATE from the Government?or
JB, read the question posed and then my response. I never said anything like you typed. Maybe you should get off the crack you're on.
What I answered was the question in my opinion. The media is way out of wack.
But I don't think they have given the recent incidents anymore or less coverage than they have any other incident that has occured in say, 15 yrs. Definately slanted to the antis.
But the question was are they giving the recent incidents anyMORE. No, they aren't. It's always been bad when something like these incidents happen.

So back off and give up the crack. It's affecting your reading abilities.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
bu la ia- With all due respect I completely disagree with that statement. If all LEGAL gun owners no longer had guns there would be a HUGE change, for the worse. If every criminal knew that homeowners and average citizens had no protection or way to defend themselves crime on the whole would skyrocket, as most scumbag criminals would be much more empowered. There would be many more robberies, shootings, rapes, etc. in my opinion.
what he said. [up]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeah, gun control does not work. Just look at how well DRUG CONTROL works in this country. [wallmad]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah, gun control does not work. Just look at how well DRUG CONTROL works in this country.
That just got me to thinking that the liberals want to stop gun violence by getting rid of guns while they want to get rid of drug addiction by giving out needles.....go figure.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
But the question was are they giving the recent incidents anyMORE. No, they aren't.
YES they are and the message gets more shrill on a regular basis and has so since the beginning of the year.
But just to apease you; I guess if you do not count all of the "Specials" about guns cropping up like mushrroms after a spring rain all of which REFERANCE recent events and beg the question "Is there real a "Need", "RIGHT""Bla Bla Bla for these awefull things Yes "Reporting" interchangable with comment!

When you don't count the extra comentary you probably are just a bit higher than during "W"'s tenure but thats not all you are hearing (If you are listening). Now stop staring at your hands they have been there all along they are nothing ne and close your mouth too people are starting to star at you try to LOOK normal.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts