New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going out sat fishing around the hook area. just wonderin if anyone has fished the past few days and if the blues are back from layin eggs and back eain again..also goin for fluke. I know the fluke fishing is always ok there but wonderin if the blues are back in the bay yet

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man. I go there alot but havnt been there in the past 3 weeks or so. I ended up down ur way in barnegate. I like the raritan much better.....dont have to worry about them sand bars u guys have[rofl] I usually do real well around sholes and the rocks up there but 2marow I wanta keep the cost down and stay between the pier and the hook. whent the blues are around I have caught alot in that area (when theyre there) and theres always fluke in there. I would like to get my buddy hooked on some nice blues. another newbie. when u wanta catch bass all u get is blues and its a pain in the ass, when I wanta go 4 them 2 have some fun they aint around...wtf

·
Registered
156 Posts
Out yesterday, 2 guys, Ambrose channel, Jersey side, 10 keeper fluke with lots of 17.5 fish. Best in at least 60 - 70 feet of water. Bucktails were good early, bait was better later in the morning and afternoon.

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
I went on the Afternoon Trip on the Sea Tiger 2 today, we Fished the Sandy Hook Channel for 20 Minutes, then we went to the Ocean Side of the Hook for the rest of the day (almost by the Nude Beach) [rofl]. But did not get close enough. :(

There were about 8 Keepers on the trip, I Caught 1 of them. I think the Pool Winner Fish was about, 3 1/2 - 4lbs. There was also some Sharks, Skates and 1 Sea Bass (Keeper Sea Bass) Pretty Slow Day, But Fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.