New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my second till last night. Hope to get my plants in tonight.I can taste them BEEFSTEAKS now!! :D

I got beefsteaks, cherrys, red and green peppers, cucumbers, strawberries and melons. I am also trying some squash from seed.

B

·
0 Posts
the guy next door has a garden that huge, he gives me anything, he grows, and man what a difference from the garden then from the store

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've been too busy to get mine done... maybe this weekend since I'm not going to NY for turkey. I'll be heading up to lake ontario next weekend for browns and jacks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
my gardens are huge and getting bigger..we grow for the whole year..lettuce,basil,tomatoes,potatoes,onions,garlic, broccoli,brussel sprouts,peppers,,corn,beets,greenbeans,carrots,etc...it all makes the deermeat taste deelish..mmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey dirtfarmer,,,where you at again?:D I've always loved the home grown veggies. My garden is small 30'x 30' but productive. My friends in Maine plant about 3 acres..Talk about a harvest!

How do plant your beets???

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't think I will get to one this year. I have too much other stuff to do. However, if I did the deer in my yard would eat it.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I'm late getting started, but I usually cut up 3/4 of an acre and put in tomatoes, 3 varieties of peppers, 2 types of egg plant, cucumbers, zuccini, yellow and spaghetti squash, string beans, cantelope, watermelons, and pumpkins and gourds for fall decoration. Usually sell the pumpkins, cantelope and watermelons in from of my parents house because I put in several hundred plants and could never use them all. I used to do several rows of corn, but it's too labor intensive...I don't have the time to grow corn the right way.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Used to but up here the critters (red squirells and chipmunks) get to everything just before they are ripe. Gave up on it. You can't beat home grown tomatoes and cukes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts