New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hunting Sussex county for yotes. I'd love to tag along and learn the ropes if anyone is willing. Jason

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Never tried it myself. Was thinkin of giving it a try this year. There is a lot up here in Sussex.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I here them every night and have seen a few.. I just have no property to hunt them up here.
good luck if ya go out.[up]

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i used to live bye the whittingham wma and there was tons over there...i just think the wma closes at dusk...they were so noisey...i hit one with a plow truck at 2am on rt 517 next to the pub on a call out...it wasnt pretty..it took me a while to make sure it wasnt somebodys dog and when i was checking it out 3 more ran across the road and i knew it was a yote for sure..one of the locals has a black and grey dog with a collar that runs the roads and looks just like a yote...didnt wanna have to knock on someones door with a pile of goop and fur...there are lots in warren and sussex counties...find a chicken farmer and ask to hunt...good luck

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Yep. Hunting them up here.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
i just got everything to do it going out next weekend in newton

·
Registered
166 Posts
i was thinking of pheasant stocking places. Last time i was at a pheasant stocking place there where body parts all over.Probley foxes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also, i heard that there was a coyote hit on route 10 this week on the livingston / west orange border.

Sorry not to high jack the thread.Just to show you that they can be anywhere.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Here is me getting down from my treestand, I waited a while because I had some deer near me and wanted them to pass so I wouldnt blow the stand. The whole time I was trying to get my flashlight on. At the end I get a little rattled.[hihi] Turn up the volume!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts