New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boat and bow fishing gear, a small generator and some lights. i know that place is loaded with big carp but looking to go with someone who has more experience than i do...(which is one time) i know where the carp are at and would like to go before the water gets too cold. anyone ever wanta go leme know, im a rookie and i have a rookie set up im sure(lighting wise) but its bright, and id love to bring someone out and learn a thing or 2. pm me if someone wants to go sumtime

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
i've always wanted to try it let us know how it goes

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
i think spruce run is much better i personely dont see many carp in the valley were at the run they are evey were

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Getting a little cool out for this maybe now. When they are under the surface you need to shoot a little lower than the fish because of the water deflection usally.

I had a nice set up on a couple of my bows when I used to go several years ago. A roller for my rest that had o rings and a crank handle with a bottle tube. The fish arrows I had rigged with a slide ring on coated wire strand with 2 beads that I crimped. the arrow had 1 hole at the knock end and the other at the tip end. The fish points were 2 differant types. I liked it at Suddersfalls along the delaware it was fun.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to spruce run once and tried it. i couldnt see three inches down under the water. it was so nasty and merky i couldnt see a sindle fish...I just figured round val cuz u can see everything and i know theres big carp in there in the back by site 72 in the weeds

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Spruce run way in the back..... Its been a couple of years since I was there last but the wter was like Gin

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
what day? i might be up for it? i got my own gear, did quite a bit of bowfishing in the past, but only twice at night... you got an elevated platform? not sure if you will see much without the lights up in the air up a few feet..?

Sugar? can you confirm? LOL

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a 16.6 pro v with the front flat where u coule easily shoot from it. lights i have a bit. like i said tho i got a rookie setup tho. its light at night thats all i can say lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts