New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
CRUNCHED my way into the woods late tonight, got up the tree at 4pm. We have a quarter inch of ice on top of the snow where I am so it was loud - figured I wouldn't see anything with all that noise. Before I could even pull the bow up I had deer coming in. Shot a big doe at 4:20. Backed out and gave it 2 hours and then went back in to track. Tracked it a long way, but it was easy tracking thanks to the snow. Heard it get up and found a bed it had been using so I backed out again. Going to pick up the trail again in the AM.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
tomorrow night should be the night they REALLY move around. with tonights temp they are going to hunker down , tomorrow afternoon with a warmer front pushing in they should be movinng alot better

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Saw a group of about twenty with one rack back. They were bedded up in open woods somewhere between Belfast and Wind Gap, Northbound on 33. i was on my way to a church dinner...We did not see anything in the fields

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.