New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
You boys better check the REGS baiting for bear is illegal.If you lucky enough to shoot a deer you cant even hunt over the gut pile legally.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
You boys better check the REGS baiting for bear is illegal.If you lucky enough to shoot a deer you cant even hunt over the gut pile legally.
You can if hunting from the ground, or if in a treestand the bait pile must be 100 yds and 1 inch.:D

B

·
0 Posts
No baiting here at all, Im on the FEDERAL LANDS, and they will not allow baiting, they can override the state rules

B

·
0 Posts
Joe..... What do you mean "NO BAITING"?????? What have you been doing with all those tree stand seats???
I have nothing better to do with my money, but spend them on seats:p

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Just think of it baiting lets you check out the bear. Check to see if it has cubs, the body size, size of the head... I feel they should make it legal hunting over bait.

B

·
0 Posts
Just think of it baiting lets you check out the bear. Check to see if it has cubs, the body size, size of the head... I feel they should make it legal hunting over bait.
thats is true MYSTI

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
The reason I baited is to get them as close to where i park my pickup as possible. less of a drag!!If all goes well my drag should be under 200 yards!

B

·
0 Posts
Im useing a bear decoy.....I'm going to make MYSTI wear a black fur coat, and he is going to me moaning loud, that should draw in a big boar :p I just hope while them two are fooling around I shoot the right one:D

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
What if you shoot a deer and still have a doe permit? I'm still looking to shoot another deer. Doesn't affect me as I don't have a bear tag but could you stay in the tree if you still have a valid deer tag to fill?[confused]

And yes I'm baiting 3 spots for next week. Feeders at all of them. But for deer only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts