New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Hopatcong and looking to start trail running again. I'm fairly new to Sussex County and need to find some scenic, and fairly easy trails in the area. Looking to keep it between 2-3 miles for now. I haven't run in months. Anyone know some good spots within 1/2 hour from me? I prefer Sussex over Morris and looking to avoid crowds. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Years back there were some really good trials near Blue Heron Lake in sparta. Take route 181 toward sparta or route 15 to the first sparta exit. The entrance to Blue Heron is on the north side of the overpass just past the pak and ride parking lot... it was chained/blocked off the last time I checked but you can walk around it and run for miles. I used to drive it all the time in my 4x4. I believe it is all public property up there but you may want to double check that first.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Mahlon Dickerson park off Weldon rd in Jefferson is a nice place so is the Rockaway River WMA by Lake Shawnee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.