New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any scheduled pheasant stocking days in January or February 2015. The 2014 stocking schedule only shows until the end of the calendar year and I can't locate a 2015 schedule. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
It's only been that for like ever. With a good dog and knowing the spots they like
you can still limit out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's only been that for like ever. With a good dog and knowing the spots they like
you can still limit out.
Unfortunately I don't have a dog and the Lab my cousin has isn't a very good hunting dog, so it looks like stamp collecting til next Nov.. Although if cabin fever sets in, I might still go and take the gun for a walk and see if I kick something up if the weather is nice enough. Thanks for the quick replies.

Dan

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a dog and the Lab my cousin has isn't a very good hunting dog, so it looks like stamp collecting til next Nov.. Although if cabin fever sets in, I might still go and take the gun for a walk and see if I kick something up if the weather is nice enough. Thanks for the quick replies.

Dan
Way to early to be calling it quits. Get out there and bust some brush! My father and I would hunt without a dog from first light until well into the afternoon. We always got into some action long after everyone was gone and the season closed. Hunting stocked pheasant is fun but don't think what you witness during the first hour or two of a stocking day is really hunting. Bust brush all day until your legs are numb and have a rooster bust out of some clump of grass cackling into your face putting you on the edge of a heart attack. Lol .Put some lead down range, have fun and hope for the best. Now that's hunting. Just my 2.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even though they aren't stocking till November 2015 there are still birds out there they are just a little harder to find. Its real hunting not like on stocking days. I bagged two roosters this past thursday. I saw two other roosters and a hen. I am going to hunt for birds till February 16th. Ya never know what you're gonna find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.