New Jersey Hunters banner

Any PC Repair Men in Southern NJ Tuckerton Area?.............

984 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Buckster 
#1 ·
I am slightly annoyed at the moment and would appreciate anyone who has advice or help for me. I had an appt. to have my virus protection (AVG) renewed on Monday. Anyhow the company was a no show at that time and failed to show on the 2nd appt as well.
My pc is acting like I have malware infected into it and I am trying to decide if it time to move onto another new pc, or fix this for a while longer.
If anyone knows a good honest repair man please let me know. Thanks![cool]

#13 ·
I own an IT company (sorry, we service north jersey and NYC area).
PC old 2005. I am running Dell with Windows XP.
Professional opinion: Don't spend another dime fixing that computer. It is very old and simply not worth it anymore, since it would take at least two hours of someone's time to get it in working order again (it needs a reinstall; systems are never the same after a bad virus/spyware infection). I am sorry, you probably don't want to hear that, but the cost to repair what you have would easily be more than halfway to the cost of a cheap new laptop, which will outperform your '05 vintage machine tenfold. Good luck.

#16 ·
I agree it is time. Why does it seem like everytime things seem to be going good, something comes up that costs money?:D
I had planned on getting a Mac after this one kicked the bucket.
Anyhow, The Essentials did remove an infected file.
I am also going to load Malwarebytes and see what I come up with.
Thanks everyone for all your help!

#17 ·
New computer aside, I swear by malwarbytes. I went to the paid version ($25) after my IT department told me thats what they used. I had been using the free version to fix everything macafee couldnt but the paid version gives you full time protection which is important since its easier to block the virus from infecting your system than it is to get rid of it once it does. Never had good luck with macafee or nortons. Nortans takes over your whole system and causes its own problems and macafee doesn't catch squat. Malwarebytes paid version, you wont be sorry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.