New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there was any other guys that have German Shorthair Pointers. I hear alot of talk about Vizsla's. If you have any breed and would like to tell us what kind, feel free. Here's my girl

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Great photo!!![up] I'm still partial to the red dogs though :p Just kidding [up][up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts

These are my girls. Reba on the left is 3.5 yrs old and Dixie on the right is 1.5 yrs old. They are Deutsch Drahthaars.

Ringneck, sharp looking dog there. A lot of brown on the upper part of the body. Different.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
TJC I am considering a DD for my next dog. They are very tough dogs!! True hunters [up][up]

Look at what this one caught :D:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'm partial to the red dogs also.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Look at what this one caught
He/she may not have caught it, but you can bet the ranch on the fact that the DD would track it.

They are tough dogs in regards to hunting, but the best dog going for around people and the home. Mine are kept outside but do get to come in and socialize. They move right in when they come in.
Get one and you won't regret it.[up]
They are in Shamong, NJ and are great people to work with.

Check out www.altmoor.com Go all the way down to the bottom in the green area. vom Altmoor Deutsch Drahthaars

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ever seen one of these?

This is Sabre, my Braque du Bourbonnais. His dam is on the cover of this month's NAVHDA magazine. Good dogs -- bigger than a Brit, smaller than a GSP, loves to hunt.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Hey B du B. I'm sure they are good lookers, but we can't see them. ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Check out www.altmoor.com Go all the way down to the bottom in the green area. vom Altmoor Deutsch Drahthaars
I bought my e-collar from Roger. Are you testing your females VGP? And do you have intentions of breeding?
I was only kidding about that DD catching the moose, but you are right, the dog probably blood tracked it.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
No breeding, both are spayed and no testing. They are purely for my satisfaction.

The younger one, Dixie was test for her first level before I bought her. Did quite well. One of the many reasons I bought her at 1 yr old.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have been upland bird hunting for 30 years
10 years with my Dad and his Brittany Spaniels
10 years with my Labs
5 years with My Short Hairs
5 with My Drahthaars
All of the dogs I have hunted over have been adequate. GSP & VDD By far have the best instinct and hunting desirer. Both have very high energy levels and need to run daily. The best advice I can give any one about bird dogs is know what you want out of a dog, research the different breads
and ask a lot of questions. I believe if a bog has the basics – a good nose, good training and lots of time in the field over time you will have a good bird dog. I am very familiar with altmoor and highly recommend the kennel. Rodger is a great resource for VDDs

Good Luck

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
BB,
Were your DD's from Altmoor? If so, who were the parents? Wondering if we were/are related.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts