New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here own a Glock 20 (beside Bloodtrails[up]) Just wanted to see what you use it for such as hunting and so forth. If you have one and don't use it are you looking to sell it?

Thanks,

SS!

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
Have a Glock 29, smaller version of the 20, for everyday carry. If I want I can put the 15 round clip in with a magazine extender sleeve. Loaded with Buffalo Bore 220 grain, flat nose, hard cast bullets, it's a formidable round.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have one, that I bought to use for hog hunting in Florida. One thing to think of is that the shorter barrel on the Glock 20 will NOT give you the advertised FPS of rounds. The barrel is just too short. I have tested this myself with a chrono and 200 grain bullets are only about 850-900 fps. If you are going to buy one look to get a longer barrel for it. They are fairly cheap $125-250 ish. Depending on what you want it for they are a lot of fun. Ammo is a problem sometimes, your local stores might not carry it. No one by me does. If you reload then its easy because they are the same dies as .40 S&W.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Gonna look into that Glock 40

SS!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I have one, that I bought to use for hog hunting in Florida. One thing to think of is that the shorter barrel on the Glock 20 will NOT give you the advertised FPS of rounds. The barrel is just too short. I have tested this myself with a chrono and 200 grain bullets are only about 850-900 fps. If you are going to buy one look to get a longer barrel for it. They are fairly cheap $125-250 ish. Depending on what you want it for they are a lot of fun. Ammo is a problem sometimes, your local stores might not carry it. No one by me does. If you reload then its easy because they are the same dies as .40 S&W.
Lots of high performance ammo (like Double-tap) are actually tested and chrono'ed with stock G20's....

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nashville this year. You going?
No buddy but one day we will meet up. Planning on using the 20 or this new 40 for bears in November[up]

SS!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might just do that Bloodtrails since I can still use it to carry then. The 40 would really be just for hunting but do not do enough of that to justify it yet[hihi]

SS!

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Will, call your buddy Uncle Ted. By the graciousness of God's glorious hand he's allowed a magnificently super and powerful Glock into Ted hand on this superbly fantastic day. Mother of the land awaits you to put one of God's most formidable beast infront of you to harvest and devour in all its tastyness. God bless you my good friend and may the lovely spirit of the wild live in you forever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts