New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a woman that owns property in Towacco near the booton border. I'm going to check it out on Wednesday.So it looks like myself and my friend Pablo will have permission to hunt it. Just trying to get a feel on the deer in this area.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really Rich? Do you hunt zone 6? If so where?

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
My Brother inlaw lives there and at a B-Day party sunday afternoon I watched about 15 different deer walking a trail following the rr tracks. right through his backyard.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Zone 36 is loaded with huge deer due to the nature of the zone (suburban). If you score a piece of land then you have a great chance at a mature buck. Good luck.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I really know nothing about this zone or the property itself we are going Wednesday to check it out. Ian I would take guys in a heartbeat but I dont think the property is that big and Pablo is the one who has the in with the land owner but I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really?? I will have to look into this.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
All you need in NJ to hunt is 3 acres of land as to notifing the police? I don't beleve they can say what you can or can't do on you land they tried to do that in west milford during the 03' bear hunt but failed they could only enforce no hunting on town lands. I know guys who hunt up that way for bow only they never had any problems.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I hunt in Mendham and you have to go to a township run safety course before you can hunt there.. Must have at least 3 acres to bowhunt and 5 to gun hunt.
Just call the Towacco PD and ask.Better to ask then find out when your dragging that big buck out of the woods. Sorry officer I didn't no, won't work.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Be careful & read the laws for that town! They may be no discharging firearms anywere in town! firearms also being bows! I used to hunt East Hanover private property years ago. Behind the green acres land off troy rd! till a cop friend told me to stop!! Because East Hanover has no discharging of firearms law!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I hunt Mendham also. The police dept. gives you a parking permit and will assist with a deer if it drops on an anti's front lawn. :D

I used to hunt Tawaco but that was several years ago. Certain areas are really loaded with deer while others are average. You really have to scout it. That shouldn't be a problem with the snow on the ground. Good Luck

·
Registered
862 Posts
WEST ORANGE???? thats a no no they definately have a no discharge of firearms law there! dont get caught! cops there get real jealous when others impose on their hunting propery! lol[rofl]

·
Registered
862 Posts
i hunt lincoln park! so far buddy of mine got a 4 pointer. saw some does took a shot missed her! tonight i saw 4 turkeys about 10 yrds from me and then and soon as it got dark i got out of my stand as i got on the ground i hear snort snort and there they go i could only make out their shapes couldnt tell if they were does or bucks! oh well![wallmad]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i hunt lincoln park! so far buddy of mine got a 4 pointer. saw some does took a shot missed her! tonight i saw 4 turkeys about 10 yrds from me and then and soon as it got dark i got out of my stand as i got on the ground i hear snort snort and there they go i could only make out their shapes couldnt tell if they were does or bucks! oh well!
i'm from lincoln park.. where do ya hunt? next to twin meadows golf course?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am prety sure you have to notify the police dept if you chose to hunt in towaco or montivile.
If you go the the police station in montville they have a map that shows land open to hunting so I seriously doubt the existence of a no discharge ordinance. I have hunted there on municipal land but found a lot of company. The parcels are limited and it isn't long before you walk within a safety zone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts