New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember Trudy's trout farm?..My dad used to take me there during the 70's..Was wondering if it was still there..Tried looking it up the internet but found nothing..Im sure its under a diffrent name now...

thanks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woj- i do remember the place being a hatchery as well as a trout preserve..Its been almost 30 yrs since ive been there..So my details are kind of sketchy..All my dad can remember is getting off at the Jutland exit and that a woman named Trudy owned it..

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Someone else owns it now and to my knowledge it is not open to the public.
As for the ponds I do not know what condition they are in either but it stpped being a "Pay to fish" trout farm by or before the 80's.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Head SOUTH from the Bagel Smith (Ex.12)to Mechlins corner intersection, make a LEFT go a 1/4 mile on the left you will see a guy who make Adorandac chairs and such and a long lane going back thats it, if you go past a church on the right hand side of the county road (579) you went too far.
I don't know the folks who live there (Whish I did they have a nice farm and deer are seen there often).

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jakes,that certainly sounds like the place..I remember the long dirt road that led to the farm...The woman who owned it back then was pretty up there in her years...I had no doubt that it was sold..Was just curious if new owners kept the business open..And your right about the deer..Saw tons of them there when i was a kid..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I don’t know about old timer.... I’m only in my 40’s, but I remember my family going to Trudy’s all through the 80’s. My grandfather, father, uncles, etc. would go quite often. After moving out to Hunterdon, and not being too far from its location, I’ve always wondered what happened to that pond.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Head SOUTH from the Bagel Smith (Ex.12)to Mechlins corner intersection, make a LEFT go a 1/4 mile on the left you will see a guy who make Adorandac chairs and such and a long lane going back thats it, if you go past a church on the right hand side of the county road (579) you went too far.
I don't know the folks who live there (Whish I did they have a nice farm and deer are seen there often).
Outside the city, in the countryside near the forests, you can often see deer, although these days this is less common. Is the population declining? Or the deer are simply less likely to leave the forest due to the presence of humans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts