New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
I attempted it once and became a pain in the ass, had trouble getting the retaining pin in and out, didnt seem to fit right at all, ended up changing broad heads this year, that was one of the reasons for doing so.

·
Banned
528 Posts
I use them resharpen use resharpen use and then put a dab of epoxy on them flatten the exopsed edge and use as target heads for preseason too much pain when they cut you because the vise was just a little too loose and your ttryin to get the pin oput

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've done it a dozen times,, real pain in the ass but worth it,, to get retaining pin out I use a finishing nail as a punch and hammer it with pliers or something,, you need to clean your desk off, lay a paper towel down, have a good light, also spray them with a little WD-40 to loosen up dirt and blood. Once you get a few done it gets easier. The replacement sets are hard to find,n where did you get them?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
one and done for me.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I've tried alot of heads rage have worked the best for me. Grimreeper have also been good but for fixed heads muzzy heads are tough to beat. Thunderheads are like Walmart junk...sorry markmartinfan that's just my opinion if u kill with them its all good whatever works to get the job done

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I changed them if they are not able to be resharpened. Most of the time you can sharpen them and reuse
Thats what I do as well, only takes about 5 - 10 min. to change them. shallow hole drilled into plywood bench top and knock pin out in to that. No vice needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts