New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, has anyone heard anything new on that BIG BEAR in ANDOVER, or any new bear sightings?

·
11,226 Posts
This just in......
Trap still set for bear that killed little horse
Thursday, March 31, 2005
BY AMANDA GERUT
Star-Ledger Staff
A trap on an Andover Township farm will stay put for another week in an attempt to capture a 500-pound bear responsible for the death of a miniature horse, wildlife authorities said yesterday.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/sussex/index.ssf?/base/news-3/111224856212880.xml

·
Registered
273 Posts
according to my friends at simon peters sport shop that bruin is alot bigger than 500 pounds!!hell that [email protected]#$d that gets my bird feeders is 600 plus...(i don't feed wild animals just for the record)....

·
11,226 Posts
Welcome to the boards Bearchaser....If you want to see bears go to dirtfarmers house and hang out awhile. He has them there all the time.... I haven't seen any in my yard since the fall. Doesn't mean they haven't been here just means I haven't seen them. I know it's just a matter of time before I have another run in! Hope to see you around the boards Bearchaser....Jim[up]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love taking pics of the bear's and video...Where is the dirtfamers house...I'm going out this weekend..I would post some pics i don't know how..

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
in post you have to have a website with your pic on it... like photobucket.com and then you would use the (
)but without the ( ) in it. for a photo gallery email dragthor with some pics and he can hook you up. you can also use your photo gallery here to be used for posting pics too

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BearChaser Why do you need to know where dirtfarmer lives? He doesn't know you, and why should anyone for that matter tell you where they live? Seems strange to me, and don't say cause you like to see bears. It's more then that.

·
11,226 Posts
Bearchaser, We tend to keep our guard up around here from anti's that might come here and try to get personal info on hunters. Nobody here knows you so questions about where a person lives tends to put some people on alert.
I'm the one who brought up Dirtfarmers house but that was only because of the bears in his pics and the stories about bears he has told.
Just a heads up... I hope your not an anti and I hope to see you around the boards.... Jim

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm the one who brought up Dirtfarmers house but that was only because of the bears in his pics and the stories about bears he has told.
Don't know about anyone else, but Jim I took your initial statement as a joke. I don't think dirtfarmer would appreciate us (or anyone else for that matter) showing up unannounced on his front lawn.:p

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I took it as a joke also. There are plenty of other areas to see bears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts