New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you want a trouble free mower that will last for years Toro 20090 Push. They are light weight and you won't have a mechanical issue with them. It will run you close to $500 with bag and big box stores don't carry it. If you are in SJ I would recomend either SJ Mowers in Maple Shade or Robey's in Medford.

Like clockwork every other year my neighbors has an issue with his Toro personal pace mower. Usually just the drive cable failing. An easy fix, but a PIA none the less.

·
Registered
747 Posts
For what its worth, Consumer Reports top 5 (out of 33) self-propelled mulchers ....

Honda HRX2172HXA
Toro Recycler 20333
Honda HRX2172VKA
Honda HRR216K3VXA
Toro Recycler 20332

Both Toros were "Best Buys" because of the much cheaper price than the Hondas.

Honda and Toro were tied at #1 in reliablility out of all the brands.

I bought a Honda about 14 years ago because it had a certain feature I needed. Absolutely trouble free all these years. It was built in USA (I would not buy it otherwise).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
For a push mower I would buy a toro personal pace mower with the 6.5 hp engine and 22" deck. The personal pace controls are the best I found and thats coming from someone in the business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.