New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for daughters 1st car/suv etc. She looking for a used jeep.
Personally I would rather get her a suv, but what do I know

·
Registered
950 Posts
They get terrible gas mileage ! So,for her that may be a problem unless YOU will be filling it up. [lol]

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I guess wrangler or something similar. She likes it because its cool looking, lol.
That's top on my priority list also! :)

I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0, that I use for hunting and locally. The 4.0 straight 6 engine is bullet proof. Simple and reliable should go well over 200,000 miles. So, I would look for an 06 or earlier with the straight 6, 4.0. They stopped making them in 07. They hold their value well and there is a cult following. Unless you are looking for something newer and more money.

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty guys. I'm looking at a 2008, looks like in good condition, 1 owner, but 175,000 miles, oof.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I had a 74' CJ5, a 78' CJ7, a 79' CJ7 and a 80'CJ7. After the last one, I found out what JEEP stands for "Just empty every pocket"... Fun vehicles to own but will nickel and dime you to death.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A CJ 5 OR CJ7, one of the newer DJ models would be best, dents are easily removed, just replace e the plastic bumpers with real steel bumpers, preferably with ability to mount winch and crash bars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts