New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to stokes on sat. anybody see any birds? First year out and looking for all and any tip offs!!Thanks

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Alot of birds in stokes there is some good land open to hunt them also just seem to be alot of guys out there looking for them and alot of foot traffic from hikers and such.,

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
The bears are fine. However instead of running away, they just stand their ground now. I had a mother and two cubs near me the first week. They just stood there as I yelled at them, and broke dead limbs across trees. Now coyotes stalking you as you call is a whole other story...[eek]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NFG today!!! Didnt hear a single bird from 5-12. This turkey hunting is frustrating. If anyone knows of hot spots in zn 2 or 6 let a brother know.On a better note fished in peters vally and had 4 trout in 5 casts so the day was not a total loss!!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
It depends on what you define as "Stokes". Many people refer to the large area that includes DWGNRA, Flatbrook WMA and Walpack WMA as "Stokes". If you are one of those people and have a zone 1, 2 or 3 permit I recommend you go off Old Mine Road along the River. That is actually DGNRA and the birds often roost along the river bank.

There is an area of DGNRA that is adjacent to Stokes State Forest that is good also. Hunt off the road that goes from the Walpack Grave yard to Buttermilk Falls.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I drove down Old Mine Rd. last night at dusk and saw a bunch of hens just south of Dingmans Rd. Which is DGNRA I believe. Saw bears futher down in Layton behind the craft center area. Headed back to 206 on Struble through Stokes and saw/heard lots of frogs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.