New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am set to take my archery test on 5/31. The field is no problem I am just curious as to what I should focus on for the test. I completed my workbook and have been reading over questions/answers. How many questions is the test? Multiple choice?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
GREAT pic Charlie[tasty]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
NJGunner send me an email note address below.
If you completed shotgun and or M.L. within the past year written test will only be on bow.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
GREAT pic Charlie
just showing vinnie what to expect at the range, lol.the state hires the best staff

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
the test was by far the easiest thing i have seen...if you did your work book you dont even need to look it over. but it wouldnt hurt just incase[up]

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I read the book which I think is pretty generic not as state specific as the DVD which i watched more then a few times got 100% on the written I would have to credit the dvd more then the book but both are important

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
The written from what i remember is all common sense. The shooting i beleive i had to put 3 out of five arrows in a pie plate @ 20 yards? Don't really remember not difficult though.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
60 questions on the written also you MUST BE PROFICANT IN YOUR SHOOTING BY GETTING THE ARROWS IN THE KILL ZONE
[up] Of the 60 questions, there are 40 general hunting questions and 20 that are bow hunting specific. All questions are multiple choice. For the shooting proficiency portion, you need to put three out of five arrows in an eight inch circle, which approximates the size of a deer's vital area. The shots are generally taken between 15 and 20 yards from the target. As long as you do enough practicing and get your bow properly sited in, you should be fine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
the test was by far the easiest thing i have seen...if you did your work book you dont even need to look it over. but it wouldnt hurt just incase
it is the easiest test ever...i would just read the book once and you will be fine. the field instructors pretty much give you the answers to the test

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.