New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going Friday (wife already gave me permission) to get a new bow , shot almost everything but the new admiral. The new Hoyt impressed the hell out of me , any info for me?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hah- I'm in the same boat- wife just gave me the thumbs up! I'm just trying to choose - 32 or 35...?

At 29" DL, I can use either bow comfortably, but I'm leaning towards the 35 for the extra stability it grants. I still want to shoot both side by side, just to be absolutely sure. Best of luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i'm in for the 32, I'm a tree stand guy and its so light and shoots so well its almost a no brainer. I'm getting a rscoby camera with it so i can film in the fall.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm a treestand guy myself, but there are a few Wild West trips in my future for Elk and Muleys. Since I shoot a 34" ATA bow now, I don't see that extra inch giving me any clearance problems, and alittle extra stability can't ever hurt!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your absolutely right, I want mine as short and light as possible being that the camera will be on it. Go see mike @ A & M archery unless you have someone else. Mike seems to be the most knowledgable bow guy i've ever met. Good luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was planning on going to sportsmans center on 130 (coming from Staten Island). I'm not fixed on going there, pending cost and the personality factor. I went to Targeteers a while back asking about the AM at 80#, which I wasn't totally settled on anyway, and was basically told I was "wrong". I politely said 'thank you' and left, never to return again.

Remember this - It's our money. We're spending a whole lot of it to get something we want. Make sure you get exactly what you want!

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D:Di just ordered the 35 about 3 weeks ago i cant wait for it to come in i ordered it from petersimon i am also gonna go with the trophy ridge crazy 8 sight i just ordered it today just havent figured what rest to go with any one have any ideas i woud appreciate it thanks and good luck to everyone with their new bows as well[up][up]

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I shot the 32 my Buddy just got one Its awesome.. I am not as lucky as some of you I did not get the thumbs up from my wife to go buy one. She is about to give birth to our 2nd child any day the last she wants to hear about is my wanting a new bow..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered a special edition (bone collector) 32 from A & M today. Going tomorrow night to shoot the dart system. I cant wait to get the new bow

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I shoot he Trophy taker shekey hunter drop away it has been perfect I have had it on for 3 or 4 years. My buddy's shoot the QAD they are real good too. I am A fan of the drop away. My brother in law shoots that Biscuit I do not like that, he loves it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I used to love hoyt bows. I am now shooting a Parker blackhawk ez draw. It's not nearly as fast as the Hoyt Alpha Max but it is a really smooth shooting bow. I shot Hoyt's for almost 20 years and I think they make an outstanding product. I just think the Parker's are smoother and I have a bad shoulder now so the smoothness of the parker draw cycle was a must for me. Also the parker legend is a real nice bow. www.parkerbows.com

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Was at Davis' in NYS today to pick-up a new rifle and checked out AM II's. Really nice. They had a Bone Collector in 32, way cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts