New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trout fish the streams and round valley as well lake ontario. I also get out in raritan bay for stripers and fluke...
Waiting on the spring run...4-5 more weeks!

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I ice fish and fresh fish mostly on the private lake in front of my house. I am close to Lake Hopatcong.

My lake mostly has perch, sunnies, bass, pickerel, and few muskies.

Sometimes when I am down at my father-in-law's LBI house... I do some surf fishing.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Sorry buddy, but I get major sea sick. It sucks, I know because I love this kind of stuff.

I only went out in the ocean once... in LBI... put it this way: it as the sickest I have ever been. All my buddies were drinking, eating burgers, and betting on who would catch the biggest, the most, etc.

I was laying down in the cabin.

·
11,226 Posts
Man that sucks! I used to have a guy who worked for me like that! Every time we went he wanted to go and every time he was as sick as a dog the entire time! He kept hoping he would get used to it if he went enough! It didn't work!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I enjoy freshwater fishing ... mainly go after pike and pickerel ... Farrington (close to home) and all the lakes, ponds and bogs in southern NJ. I can kill two birds with one stone, fish and scout for deer season. I also hit the Delaware a couple times during the shad run and I also fish in northern NJ. I have been reading about Rancocas Creek ... any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I like trout fishing in the spring. Fly fishing for b [no swearing please] and sunnies. I hope to get better at fly fishing for trout.
During the summer I love salt water whether it be fluke, blues, stripers, or wreck fishing.

·
11,226 Posts
I hope to do more fishing this year as well. I like trout fishing in streams and rivers and I love b [no swearing please] and pickerel fishing in ponds and lakes. I like pretty much any kind of fishing and I love to crab also. If any of you want to get together for some fishing please post it here. I'm looking forward to getting together with other hunters and fishers. Fishers? I don't think thats a real word. LOL

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I live on the Delaware bay. I got a flyfishing buddy from PA who gets sea sick. I take him to different spots on calm days. He caught 2 nice stripers 35" and 33" last March 27 & 28. We will be fishing Erie,PA this year for steelheads. Me and my 10 yr old son have tried the crappie at the park for a couple hours. Only a trout small under 10".

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i mostly trout fish. I fish all over jersey and also i go to han [no swearing please] NY to fly fish the Delaware. I go out to Spruce Run once in awhile with my neighbor hybrid b [no swearing please] fishing too. I hit Mountain Lake for muskies too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts