New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to see any. I know they shopuld be out right around now or very very soon. Anyone catching glimpses of em? Just curious:)

·
3,413 Posts
I would think that the does would start dropping them towards the end of the month to the begining of June.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I seen one fat doe last night in a in our field . When I hit her with the head lights I felt so bad to see her run . It was more of a waddle than a run .

She is out there almost everynight . I am thinking about setting the video camera since it is a real small section of woods ( 40 feet wide x 300 long ) . With any luck just maybe I could get the birth on film .

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I had a really fat doe I was watching in my backyard also. The only fat one out of 5 does. Also had to bucks with stubby velvet horns

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've see some pretty fat does while out turkey hunting too. I saw one that must have weighed 160lbs. She was huge!! And old, completely grey face. That's the kinda deer you want to harvest if possible... she'll tip off the rest of the herd to your pressence long before you get a shot off.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i was going to make a post of my pregnant wife here as a joke but if she saw it i don't think she'ld like it....lol:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts