New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in zone 24 all day Saturday, at a few different stand sights where I always see deer. I saw absolutely nothing![sad]Yesterday I was out from 1:00 till dark at another spot in 24 where I thought there would've been less pressure during 6 day, and again nothing.[sad][sad]. Where are all the deer?[confused]

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Just two little bucks this week- spike and 4ptr I have seen several times. Some new pellets on the lawn last night. I'll have to check that out today. I'm probably missing some shrubs.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Was in White House Station yesterday on business and saw loads of deer all around. (2.30pm) Went into the Merck campus and it was like a zoo with flocks of turkeys and loads of mostly does/yearlings.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really terrible out there. I haven't even had the opportunity for a shot all 6-day, (nothing but does) and I haven't even seen a deer at all during muzzy. I will be out Saturday though. By the way, I just noticed the stars. What's a guy gotta do for a little more antler growth around here?:p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zone 25 I got out for one afternoon. I saw a button (big one), a small doe and her mama. That was it for this week. I passed on all of them.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
seeing tons of deer driving around my area where i live. i haven't been out hunting since 6-day.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seeing tons of deer driving around my area
I see them too as soon as I get in my truck and drive out of the woods. I haven't even jumped anything on the way in or out.[down]

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got lucky with my dear last night
That season's not going well either lately[sad][down]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Been out a few times this week in the state park and haven't seen anything while in the woods. They are all keeping close to the houses because it seems like lots of people like feeding them this time of year. I was walking back to my house last night after sitting all day and noticed a whole group of deer bedded down about 50 yards in the woods. Sure enough this guy hits his spotlight and walks out back with his bucket of corn and the deer come runnin! They actually wait for him to come home from work. I actually watched it again tonite while coming out. Problem is that they stay within the safety zones the whole time because there is a swamp right there where they spend most of the day. Its a shame cause there are a few nice bucks mixed in. Hopefully some of the snow will melt up here this weekend and they'll start nmoving a little more next week.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Yesterday I saw 17 deer in the cedars on my neighbors property.
I put out 50 lbs of corn yesterday.
Today I saw 40 Does in the same cedars and they all went to the area of the corn. I could have shop everyone of them.They where between 20 and 70 yards from me.All between 3:40 and 5 PM.
One was a buck that had shed his antlers.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hey panz 1100 , you said your hunting 24,my buddy and his brother took two nice 8 pointer's out of greenwood today..were are you at in 24?.......

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Tommy,I'm in B [no swearing please] River State Park.I was there Xmas Eve Day and this morning (Monday) and still haven't seen anything. I think the clubs really plowed through the area during 6-day. Where's Greenwood?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts