New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some nice ones online but im not looking to spend 100+.....I like the packs that have the waist strap and shoulder strap buckle....just looking for something decent to be able to bring my stuff in...I usually use the matthews *** bag when I use my climber.

Has anyone bought any camo packs from Dicks are they decent?

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
I bought a daypack from there. I really like it. Forget the name but it might be a field and stream for like $65 however I think the gag bag fits you better then anything you'll replace it with!:D

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I have a few from there. I think some are field and stream and some are field-line ??? One blew a zipper after a few seasons, but, they've held up well and were only like $30 or $40...

My brother uses ny old MOLLE gear from the Corps. That stuff is tough... But its not cheap.

·
Registered
755 Posts
they have 3 or so levels of the field and stream camo backpacks. i bought the middle one, i think it was about $40. it has the chest and hip straps you are looking for. it could be a little bigger though, and it is hard to zip closed when it is full of stuff. maybe the biggest one would have been better, but this has worked ok this year.

oh yeah one of the zipper pulls broke off, but might have been due to trying to close it with too much in there. still, not what would have happened with a good backpack like a jansport or something.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ended up getting this one...Field and stream for $59.....it has a waist buckle and one up by the chest for the straps....The padding on straps and part that goes against your back is very thick and comfortable...You could carry alot of heavy gear in it..

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
That is a good pack. Main problem with as well as the fieldlines when it gets cold out they are super noisy if you need to get something out of them.. I just ordered a bison pack which are pretty spendy but i wanted a quite pack and they are hard to find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.