New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Canon Rebel T3i Camera Kit from B&H....

I wanted a camera to take into the woods while in the stand to take pictures of all the reason we all are out there for... (Just be out there and see what life is all about)....

Was wondering if anyone has this and how do they like it?? I plan on taking it upstate this weekend and take some pictures out of the stand with it...

Any info would be great.... Thanks!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I'm a Nikon girl, so I can't help you with the specifics of your camera, but my advice would be... Most important thing, find out how to turn your shutter noises off. I prefer to shoot in the woods with no sound. The blog below has some good beginner info.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whats...to-understanding-your-digital-slr-camera.html

Also, invest in a good strap. I have one from Crumpler and it's awesome, and easy on the neck.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
The best thing you could do is get the feel for the camera and learn all about it. Read the manual and find out where things are and what they are for. Then you want to experiment with different settings shooting the same subject to see the difference from wide open to stopped down apertures at different ISO's (sensitivity, exposure).

That is quite an impressive camera that has a lot of capabilities way beyond the auto mode. Auto mode is more than likely quite impressive, but you would be far better off learning the camera and finding it's sweet spots so to speak.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have always stuck the canon Eos family. You won't be disappointed. I take mine in the woods a lot. Make sure you get a lens guard/ clean lens on the end of your good one. I always bring a tiny duster can to cleanup my lens after the woods too. Dont ever use a cloth to clean your lense. Let's see some pics now!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Take a class and learn everything to photography, it gets addicting though so watch out, oh and you think hunting is expensive....ha....no but the t3i is a very user friendly camera and you will take amazing pictures with it

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a T1i. Great series of cameras. I started off shooting with creative auto which allows you a simple way to change some settings, (background blur and brightness slider bar which affects shuttter speed and aperture). Three basics you have to master are the relationship between shutter speed, aperture and iso. They all effect each other! I've since graduated to shooting in manual and raw. Start with the basics of creative auto, shoot often, (bring your camera everywhere you can!) And use Canons software to analyze your picture info, (iso, shutter speed and aperture), to get an understanding of what went wrong or what went right. There is more than enough info on the web to answer all of your questions to get you started. Any questions just ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.