New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this belongs in the fishing fourm but what the heck. Its been a long time since I went crabbing. I'm heading to Barnegat bay on Sunday Any place in particular I should concentrate my efforts?I'm going to be using some stinky chicken necks and backs with some big traps and hand lines. Any advice out there?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I crab down there all the time. We go over by the LBI bridge.The crabbing this year is excellent. I do not use any crab traps only drop lines there is to much seaweed. Good luck!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Any of the marsh area's in barnegat bay will get you big blue claw's..You can even go right off the barnegat dock's..P.S. bring lot's of bug spray green head's are bad right now..[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Don't know where you are going on the barnegat bay, if your in the toms river area, you can rent a small power boat from dock outfitters in seaside park, and if you look directly across the bay from dock outfitters you will see what looks like a million telephone poles in a marsh gr [no swearing please] area, excellent crabs there, or by the bridge pylons, or by land, theres a restaurant called nick the greeks before the seaside bridge. Theres an old dock right there, excellent crabs. All from the barnegat bay.

I'm learning how to fish and hunt but I can definitely crab ;)

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts