New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you guys probably started hunting young, but was your anticipation for your first deer as unbelievably strong as it is to me? I'm thinking of ways to get home quicker and spend time in the woods before dark before the time change occurs. Then I'm thinking of ways to get out before work when the time change happens :) Its driving me insane.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i started real young at 7 years old so i couldn't go without dad of course, so i had to rely on him. as i got older it was harder because i had a bigger desire to go then he did.

hell i'm trying to go as much as i can now and i can't. family and work make that tough. i useed to be able to get out of work early on old jobs but this job i can't.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
drome,

Trust me when I tell you this, I know exactly how you feel. I started hunting 3+ years ago (this is my 4th). I didn't get my first deer until opening day shotgun last year. And that is after hunting all of bow season (1st year doing that).

With that said, just go out and have fun. Try not to drive yourself nuts. When it happens, it'll be a moment you'll never forget.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts