New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been watching the other thread on the Anti Bus trip to Trenton, and it made me think of a few things.
First off we can't let ourselves stoop to their lowly tactics, such as vandalism etc. I know we'd all love to "strike back" at them, but in the long run it would only hurt our cause.
The way to fight them is with the facts. We all know that there is a Bear problem, and it's a fact that Hunting is the most effecient, and cheapest way to cure the problem. So we need to arm ourselves with the facts regarding hunting safety statistics, ecological benefits of hunting, and any other facts that show the positive aspect of Hunting.

And don't for one moment think that this group is going to the Council meeting just for the "Bear Hunt" . Even though the Council has NOTHING to do with approving the new BOW BILLs, I'm sure they will be the "HOT TOPIC" at the Game Code hearing. You can expect kids dressed in Choir Boy outfits with Bullseyes painted on them, to protest the Sunday hunting, standing right next to the nit wit in a Bear costume with a Bullseye on him.
This is a PUBLIC FORUM that they can draw the attention of the media.
So at the meeting, make it a point to keep your cool and remain civil. State the facts only, and speak out in support of the Council and the Div. of Fish & Game.
Remember we're the GOOD GUYS. And maybe we have to grit our teeth a little, but lets not lower ourselve to their level.........

Like Joe Friday use to say, "Just the facts Mame"

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
That's the problem Paul, The media can discard hours of sound tesimony supporting and justifying our side and have it thrown away in a few seconds of sound bites and video feeds of the above mentioned. We need to do whatever we can to discredit them and make them look like the complete fools that they are , even if it means infiltrating thier ranks and foul play. They dont ever play fair so maybe we to do a little calculated sabotage.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
FYI - the Game Code Hearing is for commentary about the "changes" to the game code. There is no scheduled bear hunt and commentary should not be allowed. The same applies to Sunday Bow Hunting.

It will be nice if the moderator enforces the rules.

Ant

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be nice if the moderator enforces the rules.
Let's hope so..........

But if they are organizing BUS TRIPS to the hearing, I'm sure the media will "FEED" on it.
And as you well know their "HOT TOPIC" right now is the Sunday Bow Bill. And when the cameras start rolling, believe me they will rant about everything, from Bears to Bows..

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
But if they are organizing BUS TRIPS to the hearing, I'm sure the media will "FEED" on it.
Kinda like when they[STU and company] hyped thier counter rally to our " Battle of Monmouth" to be thousands of anti's and only like 15 showed up and the media took pics of three little kids on the soccer fields with signs featuring pics of dead bears and failed to mention what an abysmal failure it was cause no one showed up[rofl]. The anti's are all about smoke and mirrors and have no subatance to them.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Kinda like when they[STU and company] hyped thier counter rally to our " Battle of Monmouth" to be thousands of anti's and only like 15 showed up and the media took pics of three little kids on the soccer fields with signs featuring pics of dead bears and failed to mention what an abysmal failure it was cause no one showed up. The anti's are all about smoke and mirrors and have no subatance to them.
Actually it sounds more like we need to have a "suit" or two there to talk to the media and manage the spin to OUR side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts