New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of these people that protest ANY kind of hunting, vegetarians? Because in my opinion, the only people that should be against hunting are the vegetarians. I go through this all the time with a lady at work. She is against hunting, but not one of those protesters. She asks me how I can go out and shoot animals just like that. I say, well I don’t just shoot them. I eat them too. So I ask her, “Do you eat chicken, steaks, etc.” And of course she says yes. So I ask her what is the difference if I go out and (lack of a better word) kill an animal that I will eat. Or having some slaughter house kill the animal for you. But like I tell her, I forget that the meat she and every other person like her gets, grows on trees.
I’m just voicing my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Its the cutenness factor. Most people(Non Hunting) think Deer are cute so they shouldn't be shot. Ask her if its ok if you hunt Alligators. Ill bet she says thats ok cause there mean and ugly!!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Meat grows on styrofoam trays doesnt it?

People claim man has been removed from nature through evolution. Simply not true, we will always be a part of nature as long as we share the earth with animals. Whether we are a friend of nature, or a foe, we are a part of it each and every day.

Many people choose to remove themselves from reality though, and that is their choice. They can live in a world of prepped foods, and bloodless use of animals. They never have to see an animal die before they use it, they dont have to do the bloody tasks needed to make that animal into sustinence. Therefore they never gain a true respect for animals. As far as Im concerned though, thats fine. Who cares if they dont want to learn how to be self sufficient? I dont.

However, they feel the need to push their helpless lifestyle on us. Why? I dont know. I guess its also their choice to be annoying?

The lady you work with sounds like a few Ive worked with. Your best bet is to explain to her that nothing she says will change your mind, and that she seems too dense for you to change hers. So its best if the two of you interact as little as possible. If that doesnt work, anytime she trys to speak to you just cough the word "hypocrite". Because anyone that objects to hunting BUT eats meat, or uses products derived from an animal is a hypocrite. Simple as that.

Sorry for the rambling..

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Matt I absolutly hate people try to press thier values and views on others. Listen, if I want to hunt, I will do so. I eat animals for food. I also enjoy hunting, fishing and trapping. I dont tell you what not to eat so please dont tell me what I can and can not eat. there really is no explaining to some people and most times I do not even try but do not tell me what what I can have on my table.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I HAD A LADY WHO LIVED NEAR ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG WHO OWNED A BUTCHER SHOP ,SHE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY MY FAMILY WOULD SHOOT DEER TO EAT .SHE THOUGHT THE DEER WERE CUTE AND LOVED TO WATCH THEM. NO HUNTING ON HER PROPERTY, UNTIL SHE OR THE DEER TOOK OUT TWO BMW'S AND A JAG ONE WINTER . I GUESS THE DEER STARTED TO HIT HER POCKETBOOK AND SHE OPENED UP HER PROPERTY TO HUNTING. I WOULD GO TO THE BUTCHER SHOP AND WATCH ANIMALS BEING SLAUGHTERED, NOT VERY PRETTY [down]

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i feel the exact same way ringneck...only being in 9th grade, alot of the kids at my school are always like how can you kill animals? i go jokingly "i love animals, they taste great!" and they are always like thats mean...i ask, "are you a vegetarian?" and they say no...i tell them to look up the word hypocrite...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Or you could say the difference is you choose to let someone else kill for you?? Why are you evading the question do you eat meat???????????????????????????

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
keep talkin NBK...were all listening...now tell us your way to control the population if hunters are gone....

·
Banned
137 Posts
Exactly. The differnce though is in the need to kill. The pleasure of killing. Most people have moved beyond that.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Superior self rightous elitist attitude rears its ugly head once again!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
don't think these kooks aren't vegetarians or don't wear leather. many of them are so far out that don't wear leather or eat anything but vegetables. but even then, they're still responsible for robbing wildlife of places to live by growing vegetables on land wildlife formerly occupied. same goes for the places where antis live--birds and animals used to live on that land. maybe antis come from outer space. they sure act like they're from another planet.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
NBK you need to stop drinking the Cool-Aid!

Your brain is pickled!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's pure laziness and and total dependance on others that lead us away form our natural state. I prefer to hunt for a dinner than to buy it at a market. In some cases it cannot be avoided. If I had land your damn right I would attempt to grow my own vegetables if I had the skill of course. But I don't. If I had the knowledge, utilities and time then I would own and breed cattle but I don't, I live in a townhome with zero property and have a full time job outside of agriculture. I can on the other hand make time to go out a few hours on the weekend and attempt to provide for myself and not depend on everyone else to do things for me. That is my choice, you have chosen to not to do so and that is your choice...funny thing about that kind of freedom...it works for everyone not just the self rightious! And if I did only kill for the pleasure of killing, well be glad it is a deer and not you ( not a threat but a general statement) Of course there are many reasons why I like to hunt...but none of them is because I love to kill. Very few if any of us get pleasure purely from killing an animal, there are different reasons for doing what we do. Those kind of statements are used only to fuel your own fire and to convince yourself you are in the right. Thats all for now

1 - 20 of 71 Posts