New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt remember which thread was relating to this, but I wanted to share it. A good fellow from another site posted this. Its quite refreshing to read.

Original Link

Animal terrorists about as wacky as bin Laden
Friday, February 25, 2005 10:51 AM CST
Alice Collinsworth
My Corner / Edmond Sun

I like animals. I've owned many (or they've owned me, depending.) I feed wild birds and stray cats. Yes, I like animals a lot.

So to a soft-hearted person like me, a group that calls itself the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) appears, at first, to be a nice organization. The HSUS web site is a friendly, cheerful place that says the group is "promoting the protection of all animals." Sounds good, doesn't it?

When we hear the words "humane society" and reach for our checkbooks, we think we're donating to animal shelters. It's a common misconception that HSUS owns and maintains shelters, but in fact, the organization does not operate a single one. Instead, its $40 million annual budget is used to advocate an end to medical testing on animals, hunting, the fur trade and meat eating. Several watchdog groups have reported concerns about HSUS' fund-raising tactics and the amount of money which goes for administrative payroll. And as it turns out, HSUS and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) are financially connected, according to the Center for Consumer Freedom.

We've all heard about PETA and their radical approach to animal rights. We know that people who claim to be PETA members have spray-painted fur coats and erected controversial billboards. What we probably didn't know is that, according to consumer agencies, this organization has repeatedly funneled its tax-exempt funds to an extreme activist group, the Animal Liberation Front. And ALF crimes have become so rampant in that the FBI calls the group "one of the most active extremist elements in the United States" and a serious domestic terror threat.

Who are the people in these animal-rights groups? The founder of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, said in 1990, "Humans have grown like a cancer. We're the biggest blight on the face of the earth." Excuse me? But Michael Fox, a senior HSUS official, agrees. He says that "the life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration."

There's Jerry Vlasak of the Animal Liberation Press Office, who endorses the murder of doctors who use animals in research. And PETA's campaign director, Bruce Friedrich, said in 2001, "I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrowŠ Hallelujah to the people that are willing to do it."

Then there was an anonymous editorial in "Animal People" magazine in October of 2001, comparing the plight of livestock to the thousands of deaths of American citizens in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The column likened the animals' last cries to the cell phone calls made by passengers aboard the hijacked airliners.

Lee Ryan, a member of the British boy band Blue, also jumped on the bandwagon after 9/11, saying, "What about whales? They are ignoring animals that are more important. Animals need saving and that's more importantŠ Who gives a (expletive) about New York when elephants are being killed?"

It's easy to dismiss such comments as the radical point of view of a few extremists. But it's a growing sentiment, and thanks to numerous celebrity and corporate endorsements, many people are following the trend. Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Politically Incorrect," has said, "To those people who say, 'My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say, 'Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade-off."

I love animals as much as the next person - maybe more than most. But there's no way I can equate the value of an animal with the value of a human being. If advancements in human health care require product testing on cats and dogs, then people's needs must come first. When animal rights activists destroy property, threaten human lives, and endorse terrorism, they've crossed an unconscionable line.

There are plenty of legitimate animal welfare organizations out there, and some wonderful shelters in our own metro area. I wholeheartedly salute those people who work to rescue strays and to enforce anti-cruelty laws. We need to diligently and thoughtfully support them.

But organizations like HSUS, PETA, and ALF, just to name a few, are reversing the God-given order of nature. It's our responsibility to protect and care for animals, but not to value their lives above our own.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any idea how to get our local papers to run this?

Im guessing I have to contact Alice Collingsworth first for permission. Possibly having to pay her for the rights.

Then pay the newspapers to run it as an article.

Or I could just write one up myself!;):D

Wouldnt it be great to publicize this at a larger level?

It would probably prevent some people from donating to these orgs unknowingly.

Have a good one---Matt:)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Matty,
You have just infringed on Alice Collinsworths First North American Copyright Law by your post. It can't be reproduced in whole or part. Just a little information. If she or the Edmund Sun read this you could get your self in trouble. Proud member of the Outdoor Writers Assocation of America (OWAA)

Till our Trails Cross,

Ryan

1st North American Copyright

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I left her name and everything on there?

I guess I should tell the other person who originally posted this then so that he doesnt get in trouble either. And contact Kris and have him delete it.

Drag if you see this bud....I guess you should delete it, because I dont want to get in trouble!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts