New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres some areas not included in the Sunday bowhunting rules, what about Federal property? We hunt a lot of areas by Montague/Sandyston/Hainsville like the area of Jagger road, and Old Mine Rd, I know this is Federal land, not part of any WMA or state park, so is this going to be open for Sunday Bow? Any help would be great!

Bryan

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
the way i read it only on state w.m.a and private land so the gap is a no but theirs pleanty of wma up that way flat brook roy is a good choice

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
areas by Montague/Sandyston/Hainsville like the area of Jagger road, and Old Mine Rd
Hey! That's my spot.;) I've been going up there on and off since high school (trust me, long time ago). Told my wife to place my ashes there, but she can't get the directions straight and I'm afraid of ending up in Newark. Guess I'll have to leave my GPS unit behind to avoid mistakes...yep, I'm taking my gear with me.[up]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
All you have to do is e-mail fish and wildlife, they will e-mail you back the next day with any answer you need, THEY know the right answer, I e-mail them a lot always a answer the next day.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
The Sunday bowhunting bill is very clear and specific....private land and WMAs only...if you hunt on Sunday, and you're not on land that qualifies as either of those two, you're not in compliance qith the law

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
All you have to do is e-mail U.S. fish and wildlife, they will e-mail you back the next day with any answer you need, THEY know the right answer, I e-mail them a lot always a answer the next day.
This is the best advice.

If the property does not belong to the state of NJ or is not a WMA, the property owner makes the call to allow or disallow Sunday hunting. I would think the the Fed is treated as a private land owner, and as such has the authority to allow sunday bow, or disallow suday bow.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The new version of the law allows for the hunting of deer with bow and arrow during any bow and arrow deer hunting season by properly licensed hunters on state Wildlife Management Areas and private property only. Hunting with a firearm or carrying a gun in the woods or fields or on the water on Sunday is still prohibited. State, county and federal park and refuge properties, as well as other public lands, remain closed to hunting on Sundays.
Off the NJDEP site. It doesn't look like the Gap is open to Sunday hunting.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Yeah its to bad state land is not available for sunday bow, but i will take it. Need to secure a good spot on private land for sundays.

I went up to Old Mine Road this year for the first time to try for turkeys. Im addicted to that place now. The place is amazing.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I asked a Federal Park Ranger a similar question a few years ago regarding baiting. Baiting is not allowed of Federal land, but Flatbrook-Roy and Walpack are WMAs that fall within their boundries. The CO told me that even though they are WMAs, they fall under Federal Law since they are within the park. I sent both F&G and the Water Gap NPS an e-mail questioning them if Sunday hunting would be allowed. That was Saturday night, so hopefully, sometime next week I'll get a response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts