New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
tragic situation that will most likely be used for political fodder against the 2nd ammendment.
How do 14 y.o. get pistols to bring to school??
Parents should have these weapons locked and secured.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Does anyone really think most gun safes will keep a moderately determined kid out. Even if I did not have the combination as a 14 year old, I am pretty sure I could gain access in under 10 minutes with 99% of the gun safes on the market. I can defeat a trigger lock in 2 seconds.

What means "secure"....serious question.

What means ready access to a loaded firearm. Is an empty handgun in the family room with a mag in the basement considered ready access.

Would a sane person do this kind of shooting?

A bigger question is the inappropriate dispensing of certain SSRI anit-depressant medicine to kids with known side effects consistent with this type of violent, outrageous attack on all of us. Was this kid on such medicine like 85% of previous shooters?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I do not consider 99% of gun safes to be secure because they can be opened very quickly by anyone with half a wit, a skill saw, or a decent pry bar

I would be interested in knowing whether the shooter was on SSRI or other CNS acting drugs. Also interested how the shooter gained access.

At what age do you give your young man access to the gun safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.