New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading about 2 weeks.First post.Quick history, Phoneman by day, taxidermist by night at Wildlife Preservation, which I see some of you use.Jefferson resident. Bow and Muzzleload hunt. Always hunted zone 2 in Vernon but gone downhill past few years. Hunting zone 6 and 3 right now with no luck yet..Want to hunt Black river but don't know much about it or where to start..Any advice would be appreciated..My son plays varsity football for Jefferson so my Saturday hunting is kind of limited right now but a man can always find a way..Look forward to talkin to you all...

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board, speak your mind, I DO !!!!

George did my 2003 full body mount NJ bear, GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! [up] ITS GREAT HERE AND VERY INFORMATIVE! I ALSO PLAY FOOTBALL BUT ON THE FRESHMAN TEAM FOR HASBROUCK HEIGHTS. I STOPPED PLAYING FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BECAUSE IT CONFLICTED WITH SATURDAY PHEASANT HUNTING. I JUST JOINED CUZ THE GAMES ARE NOW AFTER SCHOOL. ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK HUNTING THIS YEAR!
-MACK

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the site jimg!!!!! Where in 6 do you hunt if you don't mind me asking??
I'm trying out Sparta Mt. WMA. Just in there for the first time on Sat. and again tonite..Haven't been impressed yet..

·
11,226 Posts
I'm trying out Sparta Mt. WMA.
I've seen some big bucks that came from that piece![up] A fella I know hunts there and him and his buddies have taken some good bucks off that piece... He lives right near there so I guess he knows all the secret spots.... Good luck to ya and welcome again!!![up]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Welcome aboard. I hunt Black River and would suggest if you want to learn it to, start off with an aierial view from map quest, then start Hunting pheasants there, There are many parking lots, that would give you the lay of the land. Then you'll be able to Shotgun hunt for deer which would really give you some education, esp. in the snow. After all that you should be ready for next bow season. Good Luck.

or just go for anafternoon hunt, find a trail, follow it and set up your stand. Just remember where you parked.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts