New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By PAT MINDOS

Herald Staff Writer

Stung by two bear incidents state officials consider serious, the Division of Fish and Wildlife is weighing whether to post reports on its Web site.

"It has been alleged that the department is not being open and accessible with information about bear activity," said Elaine Makatura, press director of the state Department of Environmental Protection, which oversees Fish and Wildlife. "That is not accurate. We are not withholding information but to ensure the public that we are not doing that, we are trying to be open and more accessible."

http://www.njherald.com/283945721212934.php

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thats a big friggen bear that can take down a full sized horse! They said there were smaller animals around for the bear to choose from but he went for the big meal! Thats a scary SCARY story!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
And thats why I just bought myself a Glock 45 caliber. These bears are to damn much. I'm afraid to take my 5 year old bowhunting with me and he wants to go hunting with me in the worst way... I really need to move to Missouri

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Lynda Smith, director of the Bear Education And Resource Group, wants the date, time and exact nature of all bear incidents to be posted on the DEP's Web site.

"Full disclosure should be available for the public to see," she said. "This way we know the Division of Fish and Wildlife is not making up stuff. Incidents should be reported factually and not exaggerated."
so..Cleopatra (as in "the queen of denial") wants disclosure??!!! What a bunch of BS. She's been the one saying there is no problem. And Campbell is the guy covering things up so he doesn't have to make a decision.

Time for her to shut up and him to stop sucking on the public's teat.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Luk,

Should have got the 10mm. .45 is a little on the light side for bear protection. A Glock 20 loaded with 15 rounds of CorBon 200gr penetrators will do the job quite nicely.

Beats the hell out of being bear scat.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i WAS LOOKING AT THE 10 MM ALSO THE 40 CAL. THEN I GOT TALKING TO A MARINE FRIEND OF MINE AND WAS ASKING HIM ABOUT ALL THREE. HE SAID THE 10 WAS FINE BUT THE 45 WILL SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE. HE SAID THE FORCE OF IMPACT IS MUCH GREATER THEN A 10MM. EITHER WAY THERE BOTH GREAT GUNS,CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE RANGE.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Your marine friend is mistaken. The .45 pales in comparason to the power of the 10mm. The .45 is a great man stopper but isn't a good hunting load. The 10mm gives you best of both worlds. Plus, you can shoot .40's out of it to save some range cash.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Who needs a gun - all you need is Linda and her super soaker.

What an irresponsible comment that was. Can you see a child hearing this and then going up to a bear with a squirt gun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts