New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
It's his responsibility to know the law as ahitty as it is.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
as much as i feel for him, he is 100% at fault and should get what ever they give him for this act of stupidity.

HE has to be a responsible gun owner and check local laws as to where and if he can carry his firearm.

I know this is America and we have the 2nd amendment blah blah blah but get with the times. Not every state honors the 2nd amendment like your home state and this is not something new.

[down][down]

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I don't think anyone here agrees with the law or the sentence but he should know the law.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree he should know the law but these sentences should be for someone who murdered someone. Not a nonviolent gun owner with a permit in his home state who made a mistake.A heavy fine would be more beneficial to everyone.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
draconian is right holy shit

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
The comments for the news article are so funny lol

"kdawgg
28 Fans
41 minutes ago( 2:54 PM)
As usual law abiding citizen go to jail, How dare he have a gun for protection in NY, Only Criminals and Gang Bangers are allowed to have guns, criminals get a slap on the wrist, plea bargin or probation.­Law abiding citizen get the full force of the law thrown at him/her. Only in America!!

17 Fans
4 minutes ago( 3:31 PM)
Actually this way for a reason...L­aw Abiding Citizens have jobs, and are responsibl­e, therefore they have money that the Sheriff of Nottingham can extort ridiculous­, trumped up taxes out of.

Criminals do not PAY their bills, they'd rather go to jail, get three hots and a cot, free education, and a free ride once they get out...then they can go back to working in their criminal profession when the "benefits"­, and money runs out.

Working, responsibl­e citizens get hit with a "Gun Tax", court costs, attorney's fees, probation fees, etc, etc, because an abusive, corrupt, and insatiable governance system such as ours wants more TAXES and can't get them....so­, they use "THE LAW" to issue ticket-tax­es."

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
And who pays for his 45 year incarceration??? You got it John q Taxpayer. I dont feel any safer so who are they "protecting" with these laws?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I don't think anyone here agrees with the law or the sentence but he should know the law.
exactly. he should be responsible enough to look up local laws and make sure he is legal before carrying. It all comes with the responsibly of owning and carrying a gun.

Is it right? Hell no it aint right. We have the Right to Keep and Bare Arms and it should never be infringed upon. Is it his own fault for getting arrested? Sure is, he should know better.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I have a feeling he knew what he was doing ... who answers the door with a 357 on the table though lol that guy is dumb either way. I think nyc is mostly concerned about guys like him coming to ny with 3 guns and leaving with 1 or 0, which does happen all the time. They buy them in gun friendly states and go to philly or nyc and sell them at huge markups.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I work in this terrible city everyday.. NYC is so ass backwards, it's disgusting. I was born, and raised in NJ, and the only reason I moved to Staten Island was to take a job with the NYPD. The gun laws in the 5 boroughs are out of control. That being said, this guy was at fault here. If you have a permit to carry a firearm, you should make sure you're up on the laws in any area you plan on carrying.. does he deserve the 5-15 years, HELL NO, that's extremely overboard..

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
as much as i feel for him, he is 100% at fault and should get what ever they give him for this act of stupidity.
Really? 3 1/2 years jail time MINIMUM and a felony conviction is a fair punishment for thinking he was in America? You must be joking...

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
The Sullivan Act, which is more than a century old now, qualified New York as a "may issue" state. Draconian as it gets, it still holds firm.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts