New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/

Angie Metler (NJ-ARA & BEAR Group) is now listed as a communications contact with the Animal Liberation Front. They are on the FBI watch list for domestic terrorism. See paragraphs below from the FBI:

During the past decade we have witnessed dramatic changes in the nature of the terrorist threat. In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country. During the past several years, special interest extremism, as characterized by the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF), has emerged as a serious terrorist threat. Generally, extremist groups engage in much activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action. The FBI estimates that the ALF/ELF have committed more than 600 criminal acts in the United States since 1996, resulting in damages in excess of 43 million dollars.

Estimates of damage and destruction in the United States claimed by the ALF during the past ten years, as compiled by national organizations such as the Fur Commission and the National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR), put the fur industry and medical research losses at more than 45 million dollars. The ALF is considered a terrorist group, whose purpose is to bring about social and political change through the use of force and violence.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
She also qualifys for the gift idea I had for Lynda Smith. You know, case of batteries, adult gift....

[down]

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is actually good for us in my opinion.
My hope is that as they utilize the press in the comming weeks (which they will) their association with these extreamist groups makes it into the story. This will errode support for their effort.

One thing we need to due as hunters is help ensure that the media is aware of this fact and aid in placing it in coverage of the bear hunt. If you are interviewed you should ask the reporter to go "off the record" (meaning they should not quote you) and point out this association (be sure to have your facts straight). Suggest to the reporter that this is a critical part of the overall story that readers should be made aware of and hopefully it will get included.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
http://www.animalliberationfront.com

Angie Metler (NJ-ARA & BEAR Group) is now listed as a communications contact with the Animal Liberation Front. They are on the FBI watch list for domestic terrorism. See paragraph below from the FBI:
During the past decade we have witnessed dramatic changes in the nature of the terrorist threat. In the 1990s, right-wing extremism overtook left-wing
terrorism as the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat to the country.
During the past several years, special interest extremism, as characterized
by the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF),
has emerged as a serious terrorist threat. Generally, extremist groups engage in much activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of
free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile
talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action. The FBI estimates
that the ALF/ELF have committed more than 600 criminal acts in the United
States since 1996, resulting in damages in excess of 43 million dollars.
Estimates of damage and destruction in the United States claimed by the ALF
during the past ten years, as compiled by national organizations such as the
Fur Commission and the National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR),
put the fur industry and medical research losses at more than 45 million
dollars. The ALF is considered a terrorist group, whose purpose is to bring
about social and political change through the use of force and violence.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
RICO statute applies as well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Um... when I think of her being with ALF... I laugh... Because at first I was thinking of the fuzzy little alien guy from Melmac :) And you can't help but laugh at at image like that.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Um... when I think of her being with ALF
[confused]:D:D:D:D:D

The little alien puppet? you had me there!

BWA HA HAH HAHA HHAH! you just made my day! i guess ol' angie needs to move up to, um, a real man!

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts