New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out enjoying the nice weather, my son, daughter and I spent some time walking around a few popular fishing lakes in/around Monmouth County.

While walking, we noticed alot of trash and debris strewn about by fishermen, so we decided to do some "Spring cleaning" to try to help give fishermen a better image. Together, we collected and removed discarded fishing line and other angling and non-angling trash from around the shore and waterline. We collected several 5 gallon buckets full of trash at each location that we bagged an took home for disposal, and the kids actually enjoyed the effort as they got to stomp aroud the shoreline in their boots.

In addition to all the trash and debris and probably several miles of discarded monofilament, we also recovered a bunch of bobbers that had obviously been released from their death grips when Winter finally flattened the last of the heavy lily pads and other aquatic vegetation they were snagged into.

I have a friend who helps run a youth fishing program for disadvantaged youths; and he was ecstatic to take the tackle for his kids to be able to share this Summer.

If you lost a bobber at Turkey Swamp, Echo Lake, or Manasquan Reservoir last year, some of your tackle may now be helping someone less fortunate to possibly enjoy our great sport! Recycling at its finest!

- Gr8ful

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
I have a friend who helps run a youth fishing program for disadvantaged youths; and he was ecstatic to take the tackle for his kids to be able to share this Summer.
I'd be happy to donote some new terminal tackle to help less fortunate kids , just PM me an address to send to. [up]

Here's another program I'm looking into how to bring to central NJ ...

http://copsandbobbers.org/

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Nice job[up] making a difference.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Mines the red and white one![up]

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
very good job man thanks for taking the iniative. if you want to organize another lake clean-up i would definitely meet you there and help out. this is what all hunters/fisherman/outdoorsmen should be doing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.