New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fish Amwell lake? does it get crowded on stocking day? Is it good fishing?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tim i've fished it a few times,it's about 8 miles from me.Not a real big lake,but well stocked.Crowds not bad plenty of room to fish.Worth a try.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool..thanks Griz...I'm taking my Cousins son there tonight, see how they hit spinners,I usually like using bait but during stocking season everyone is using lures and they keep catching my line,so if you can't beat them,join them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tim,i fished mostly on the right side across from the island.If i remember right there is a pipe where i used to stand.That's the general area.Good Luck

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I shot my first buck at Amwell Lake, before the house was built on the far side. It was also a great rabbit spot. One hunt we flushed 8 bunnies and got 6, all below the dam. We also used to waterfowl hunt there, again my first goose, mallard and wood duck. To bad for "progress" (development).

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We only caught 4 little stockers. About the only thing that they were hitting on was powerbait. And old guy that was there when the y stocked it today said that they threw in 6 net fulls.He also said that he caught a 21"er on Monday and a few other guys lost some nice ones. This is supposed to be a broodstock lake and the old man said that they ar suposed to throw 50 breeders in this year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Amwell lk. is off of RT.31 heading towards Trenton.It's about 3 miles outside of Ringoes.Look for sign.On the left just before Ouik Check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts