New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what do you prefer and why? I switched to carbon last year but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with them or not.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Started out with aluminum.

New bow - new arrows. Thought I'd give carbon a shot.

Its good to know that they won't bend or need to be straightened after a lot of target shooting.

I don't think they are better than aluminum.

Haven't killed with them yet. I may be heading to Texas in a few weeks; I hope to bust a few hogs and mayber a ram.

·
3,413 Posts
Carbon.

Hunted with aluminum for a long time, and where I hunt is very rocky, so each arrow was basically done after each shot due to being bent.

Carbons are either strait or broke. No in between.

B

·
0 Posts
I was also thinking of going with carbon when I get my new bow after the new year, but aluminum have done me well

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
CARBON. They don't bend. Went through to many aluminum arrows because of them being bent while practicing. That's mainly why I swithed over to Carbon. Carbons will break, but it takes a lot to break them. I've shot multiple deer with the same arrow,(p [no swearing please] throughs of course), and the arrows are fine.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Carbon for the same reasons as the others. Ive been shooting Easton Carbon Evolutions since they came out, which is about 6 years ago maybe, ????

I still shoot many of the original shafts I had bought, and only a few have been broken, lost or tossed due to stress weakness.

Im sure all you guys know it, but dont forget to flex check your carbon shafts for weakness, or for splintering, splitting etc. As an arrow gets shot more and more, or when it hits hard objects, the carbon fibers break down, which can cause the shaft to explode on release. If you havent seen the pics of the carbon shafts through the hands and forearms....Do a search on the web...Not something anyone wants happening!:eek:

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Carbon also. Went broken on aluminum while learning to shoot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts