New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who planned on hunting in Allamuchy Mountain state park on the opener, September 12, 2009,in the zone 8 side by the waterloo village concert fields/saxton falls areas

The NJ Off Road Bicycle Association has announced a mountain bike rally with "guided trail rides" throughout that area of the park on September 12, 2009. According to their press release, the Rally will attract nearly 1000 riders for the 7:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m. event.

This will play havoc with the local deer heard. So those planning on an opening day hunt may want to reconsider that area as their prime stand choice

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for Friday

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
remember when they had the weekend long dirt bike races up on the mountain? that was insane. i didnt start to go back to Allamuchy till last year. did a few deerathons there. i got like 3 there. always loved hunting there.

thanks MTH for heads-up.[up]

ps: i think jrhunt is one of those pain in the ass riders....LOL

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if I remember right didnt someone from the site get caught up in this last year?
I found out about it on the Wednesday before the opener when I saw them setting up the concert field and posting the trails. I moved my stand to zone 5 and scored opening morning. But my trail cam in zone 8 did not record any deer activity for another 9 days after that event-that trail cam was set over bait, and had pics of at least 15 deer a day right up to 3:00 a.m. the morning of the opener-then nothing for another 9 days!!!

I saw the flyer yesterday in the News Paper, and figured I best let everyone know. This event ='s no serious hunting in that area until about the 20th.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:
ps: i think jrhunt is one of those pain in the ass riders....LOL
I am. After hunting and fishing Mountain biking is my next favorite hobby.I log many miles a year Mountain biking all around NJ. Mostly Ringwood though.
I have nothing against mountain biking. I used to do it before I had health problems. On the other hand it is annoying and almost impossible to hunt if there is an organized mountin bike event going on nearby. For some reason participants feel compelled to shout to each other from 100 yards away.

I am trying to get something straight here. Is the mountain bike event in the Deer Park portion of Allamuchy? That is southe of rt 80 and therefore zone 8. Or is it in the Waterloo village area that is north of rt80 and therefore in zone6. The Deer Park area is more suitable for mountain biking.

The thing that bugs me about this is that if we Sunday hunting is not allowed in state parks why don't they schedule events like this on a Sunday.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
230. The ground base for the event is the waterloo village concert fields just passed route 80 on the zone 8 side. It's my understanding that the event is restricted to the old saxton falls property which runs from route 80 along Kinney Road to hackettstown. From there press release:
The 2009 Bike Festival will feature guided trail rides in Allamuchy North, Deer
Park, and Stephens State Park for all skill levels including women's
only rides and a children's ride; incredible raffles including brand
new bikes, bike shop gift cards,
Sorry 230 it looks like deer park is in the cross hairs too

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Yo, I'd stay away that day unless you can figure them out to be used to your avantage. Just imagine you take a deer and are taking it out in front of a crowd. What ag that might be:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.