New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy new tires for my 660. It will be mostly woods with some mud riding to have fun.

Looking for different opinions on what is a good all around meaty tire.

Another thing is I want to go with a 27" tire. Anyone know if I will have to do clutch work for the bigger tire? I am going from a steel wheel to an aluminum ITP , so should equal out in weight just not ratio.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my tires on my atv soon. I am pretty interested in the Kenda Executioners.

I am not sure about the clutch work or anything like that but check out those tires and see what you think. I have heard some good reviews regarding these tires.[up]

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Stick with stock if there's a lot of rocks in your woods, aftermarket/oversized tires will kill your bearings and your ride

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty tough looking Bob with great reviews.

Thanks Vin [up]

Haskell we are flat as could be here. Mostly woods but some spots have some good mud as you go along. I also read about bearings and axles if you go to high. Thanks [up]

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I have a few Ranchers, I put ITP ice and mud(?) on them, got em from tire rack, there is nothing they don't go through. The traction is tremendous and they have held up pretty well. Check them out, if you are up north give me a call and stop by and take one of the Ranchers for a ride, you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ask Vinny about mine. Honda rancher, things a beast and a very reliable machine. Wouldn't buy anything but another one of the same. Not too many places to joy ride but we mainlyl use it for plowing snow, hauling deer and bait and on occasion outta state hunting trips.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Ask Vinny about mine. Honda rancher, things a beast and a very reliable machine
That thing def kicked ass through some nasty mud and even a couple feet of water..

but I think he's asking about tires[rofl] Which tires you running John

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he's asking about tires
lol I am , I have a Yamaha 660 Griz. The thing is a beast I just want to dress it up with some mean tires.

Thanks for the replies [up]

Go with 26s instead of 27s
Any particular reason ?

if you are up north give me a call and stop by and take one of the Ranchers for a ride
Thank you real nice offer but I'm central. [up]

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
everyone I know went with ITP and are very happy with them .
Im soon to switch mine also and prob will go with the ITP

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I am going with ITP wheels for sure. I am just not sure what tire. The ITP Mud Lites look like a good tire too [up] Leaning towards the ones Bob posted.

Going with one of the two wheels

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
nice "shoes" donnie, you getting spinners too? [ko]

those are really nice tho, I'd get black rims for my tahoe if I had the $$

I would go with the first ones you posted, second probably get all caked up between the spokes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts