New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I does look good... but guys shoot the place up with the guys the week before Thanksgiving.

They definitely drive the entire place and "push" on to private property.

A couple of years ago I saw little bus loads of guys getting dropped off with shotguns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have hunted there twice since my original post. Nice piece of property will loads of deer sign. I went last Saturday AM w/ML and only saw 1 other guy so it seems better on off days/seasons. I went the Monday after Thanksgiving and found a a buck left in the parking lot with the antlers cut off. Figured they shot it but had not "earned" it. A shame.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dragthor have you seen anything since 6-day on your way to your parents? think there will be anything left for January permit shotgun?

·
Registered
615 Posts
i was actually thinging about going there for Jan/Feb Permit Shotgun. i would go 'scout' ahead of time without anything but blaze orange(just in case).

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was wondering about that spot. We have a lease on the same road as the parking area - Rocktown Lambertville Rd. Good deer area in general.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hunt with my uncle on leased land (Penn/Ewing club) around texas southern gas land on 179 and I usually end up at Alexauken creek during the 6 day firearm season. Its elbow to a-hole thick with hunters then. I'll probably get up there for permit bow/fall turkey though. I interested to see how much pressure there is before shotgun season

M

·
0 Posts
I interested to see how much pressure there is before shotgun season
I hit it from time to time and do run into others, but forget about gun hunting[down] I think the clubs go there before they hit their own?

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Fulper used to shoot depradation in that area and I think he used to farm that place before it was WMA it is said from good sources that his STK permit would acount for up to 400 deer a year.
4 years ago we looked at some land to lease just down the road and the land nextdoor had a corn feild PAVED with deer carcuses.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Has anyone been to alexauken creek lately. Ive been hunting in martinsville and allamuchy on saturdays. but i live in Ewing and go to the college of new jersey and need a place to go thats close before and after class.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Believe parking is directly across from cow farm.. It's on your right side.. Can't miss it.. Also the great management tool call farmers permit take a toll in that area..

Gd lk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts