New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know opening day is around the corner but i just was able to get money for a bow....went out looking today and the 3 bows most offered were the Bowtech general, Matthews Reezen and the Hoyt Alpa Max....i know i need to shoot them myself but any comments and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
well those are real expensive bows check out a whole bunch and see what you like i got a 300 dollar bow which is cheap in this market but i couldnt be happier with it just shoot what feels comfortable and accurate

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You shoot the Mathews and Hoyt and a bunch of others at Simon Peters and make the decision for yourself.[up]

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
unfortunetly everyone has thier own preference, a bow i may like you may not.. try a few and you'll see what i mean.. pick one that first off fits your budget and feels good in your hand.. i personally think some of the biggest selling pointz for me are the the feel of the bow and how smooth of a draw it has.. hope that helps...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am going to shoot several bows before purchasing....just some pros and cons others have seen so i have a better idea what i am looking for....i have not shot many bows and dont know what i am looking for when trying a bow...thanks again

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
well those are real expensive bows check out a whole bunch and see what you like i got a 300 dollar bow which is cheap in this market but i couldnt be happier with it just shoot what feels comfortable and accurate
The best advice.

As for not knowing what your looking for, the bow that, as my brother in law put it when I was looking, "falls into your hands", buy that one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i shoot a old 2004 champion g2 it's fine for what I do..and hunting deer..but I have shot a bunch and it is indeed personal preference..I liked the mathews reezen 6.5

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
you didnt say where you went to look at bows, but keep in mind getting the bow serviced.

you may buy a bow like the bowtech, but the bow stores around you may not work/have strings for the brand you buy. So if you were to buy a bowtech lets say, and the archery shop near you does not work on them, you may need to drive far for any future service.

i myself have a bowtech and i love it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
alphamax smokes em all ( other hoyt bows) katera is slightly faster bute the AM is smoother , lighter, quiter , and just plain lethal. i had a bowtech( great bow company ) shot the reezin and the alphamax was just better for me. dont know where you live but Mike @ A & M archery in Lakewood is super knowlegable.Good luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
anyone have any info on the hoyt katera, vetrix or vetrix Xl would be appreciated as well
I have a Katera XL and I love it. Fast and forgiving. A bit big and a tad louder than the others but by the time the deer hear it is far too late[up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Have you looked at any parkers yet? The Parker vanguard is a sweet bow and you can get it all set up with arrows for about 450 bucks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have the hoyt 35 i have to be honest it took some getting used to but im gettin used to it and it shoots real nice but you already know your theone who needs to try them so go have some fun lat us know what you decide theses new bows are all very good and good luck in the upcomming season everyone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts