New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of planning a trip to visit my buddy who lives in the Lake George area of New York. We were thinking about doing a camping/fishing trip in the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness area. I have done some research, and have found the names of several ponds within the wilderness area that contain different trout species. Has anyone ever been to this area/fished it?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I've camped along Rt. 2 on the Boreas River. It's stocked by the road and has ponds downstream that hold natives. Also fished the Schroon in Riverbank just north of exit 24. Go further upstream to the dam and you can catch salmon that have been washed over. Brant Lake also has trout at both ends, and below the spillway on the outflow. I normally went in early June so I don't know how the conditions are later in the summer.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Prepare for the black flies. They are horrendous right now. Long sleeves. Better off buy a quality bug suit and head net. It's a must if you want to survive. Lol

Reactions: GWO

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
My hunting group is heading up to do some trout fishing in a few weeks. we fish the boreas down to were it goes into the Hudson. Sorry its not exactly were you are going but should be similar conditions. You should do well.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
ive been up in the area and it seems theres only really good small mouth fishing tried for trout could not get any and other species not a bite

·
Registered
835 Posts
Never been to that specific area but been to St Regis area as well as Bog River. Slammed rainbows in St Regis, right after ice out. Actually, the shady sides of the ponds still had ice floating in them, it was awesome.

Bog River - worst black flies ever. Full netting and still got eaten up good. Also caught the biggest large mouth I've ever seen in person though so it worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts