New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been shooting this bow for a little over a year now,and love it..... (bowtech...TomKat) i have recently removed my peep sight... I'm shooting 2 1/2" groups or better till about 20+ yds..... then i'm starting t lose acuracy pretty bad 6"-10" groups. i shoot the hostage rest,carbon arrows with 2.5" vanes...could i have a contact issue? any ideas guys?....[confused]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Are the brushes on your hostage even? Check and see if they are loose or worn out. Some people have complained that they wore out quick and the accuracy went to shit.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just looking at that.... they do seem a little loose on the shaft[eek]....... i'm thinking of replacing the rest with something else anyway.... any suggestions

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
QAD drop away, best rest I have ever used. I've also heard the hostage brushes wear quickly, the pro model holds up better. I would definately check out the QAD drop away if I were you.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not a big fan of the hostage,it just came with the bow so i used it last season. it seemed fine for a while,but now that i look at it, it is worn out pretty bad,alot of play between the shaft and bristles

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
To check for fletch clearance.try dr scholls foot athletic foot spray powder. spray your Fletch end of your arrows n shoot it will tell you where your Fletch is hitting on your rest

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Are the groups swaying more to one side of your target point more then the other? May want to try walkback tuning it.

Here's a decent demonstration and very quick to do. Even if it doesn't fix your issue its really something you should do anyway.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hows your vision? Could it be your losing focus? I've been shooting real well but just yesterday I had to add orange dot stickers to my target as a focal point. It seems my eyes are a little weaker than last year. This did the trick for me. Now I have to hope the deer come in this year with a big orange spot over the vitals!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It could be a dozen things; most of them problems with the shooter. Without an experienced astude archer or instructor watching you shoot; you're just guessing at what you're doing wrong. Rarely is it your equipment.

As to rests, I'd vote for the QAD ... but to replace what you've got, you might be better off with a properly sized Whisker Biscuit.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
With the whisker biscuit you also have to change the bristles on occasion, but not as often as the hostage. Also certain types of fletching get beat to hell with the WB. In general I would avoid both the Hostage and WB, there are several excellent full capture drop away rest. IMO you'd be best to find one in your price range.[up]

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
i have been shooting this bow for a little over a year now,and love it..... (bowtech...TomKat) i have recently removed my peep sight
IMO (without seeing your bow) there the source of your accuracy problems. You'll always shoot more accurate with a peep. Either put it back in or practive more without it. Since you took your peep out, are you using a kisser button. It may help you get that consistent anchor

·
Registered
443 Posts
If your groups are getting larger beyond 20 yds, more than likely your arrow flight is not correct and it can be a dozen things wrong like Iron Duke suggested. I have experienced this problem and went from the bodoodle to the the limb driver drop away rest and shot with a lighted knock to see the flight clearly and was able to correct the problem. My opiniion is that the rest is not funtioning correctly and your center shot is not where is should be. You shooting broadheads or field tips?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.