New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed a bad accident on 287 south in edison. It looks like a truck what into the back of tractor trailer.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked like a blue tundra. I was on the northbound side. Nobody was working to fast and if there was a passenger I don't think that person would make it.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
man.... my dad was headed down the shore. he has a grey tundra. I called him 5 times no answer. I was just about to jump in the truck and head down there when he calls to tell me that he's already got a half bushel of crabs. I guess he made it down there fine!!

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
blue Ford F150 was the vehicle involved

driver sustained non-life threatening injury to leg(s)...fortunately there was no front-seat passenger. [eek]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Wow[eek] Thats a nasty one.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
holy shit!!!thats ridiculous...can you imagine someone actually walked away from that? How fast do you guys think the truck was traveling at the moment of impact in order to do such damage?

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
1 serious injury, no fatalities!

EDISON — All lanes of Interstate 287 south have been reopened after an accident investigation late Tuesday morning shut down the highway near Exit 2, authorities said.

The wreck was cleared in the 1 o'clock hour, though official details were not immediately available because investigators were still returning from the scene, the New Jersey State Police said.

The roughly 11 a.m. crash appeared to involve a pickup truck that rear-ended a tractor-trailer. Firefighters could be seen removing an occupant from the pickup truck.

An injured motorist was taken from the scene by helicopter. The injuries were not believed to be fatal, a State Police trooper at the Somerville barracks said.

RELATED
Edison MVA 9/8
Authorities shut down all southbound lanes of the highway around 11:20 a.m., according to the state Department of Transportation. Most lanes were reopened within the hour, but the right lane and shoulder remained closed for most of the accident investigation, causing backups of up to four miles.

Check back to MyCentralJersey.com for more updates as they become available.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts